The unit comprises two modules. During the first module you will explore the concepts of community and wellbeing. The second module will guide you through working with specific groups of people within our communities.
On successful completion you will be better equipped to know what work you can do as a life coach with people on the margins and what would be best done by another professional.
This unit comprises:
- Where are the margins of our society?
- Introduction to wellbeing and mental health
- Working in the community
- Understanding diversity and difference
- Working with faith as human and social capital
- Understanding offending
- Working with addiction
- Working with domestic abuse
- Working with sexual offending
- Knowing your boundaries
Assessment is through a 1,000-word assignment.