The unit comprises two modules. During the first module you will explore some of the fundamental experiences and building blocks of being self-employed. The second module will demonstrate some of the resources which are available for helping you to grow your business. The unit includes sessions on:
- An introduction to the unit and business canvas model
- An introduction to freelancing and the legal basics
- Aims, objectives and mission
- Knowing your product
- Knowing your market
- Creating a marketing strategy
- The role of social media
- Building an online presence
- Email and appointment systems
- Building a business canvas – putting it all together
Throughout this unit I will share some of the tools and resources I have found useful in developing my own private coaching practice. As such, this unit is not intended to provide you with business advice or take the place of a business advisor or mentor but will help you to increase your awareness of some of the business basics and resources available to you as you establish your own practice. You should therefore note that this is not a course advising you on how to start your own business, nor should any of the resources shared be considered an endorsement of that product.
By the end of this unit you will have developed your own business canvas to help you establish your life coaching practice in accordance with your vision for work. After completing the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand what you need to do to get your coaching practice started.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to create a business canvas.
- Appreciate how you can package your service as a product to be sold.
- Critically apply the concepts to putting your plan into practice.
It is advised that you will have completed units PC101: Peer Coaching and LC201: Life Coaching before you undertake this course other than a willingness to engage in all the learning materials. The materials included are:
- Pre-recorded session content
- Unit handbook
- Module manuals
- Links to additional resources (including YouTube videos, articles, websites, suggested books etc)
- Session quizzes
- End of unit assessment
- Live one-to-one tutorial