The unit comprises two modules. During the first module you will explore the communication principles and structures essential to becoming a successful life coach. The second module will guide you through the fundamentals of life coaching as a discipline specifically exploring the GROW model and working out some of the practicalities. The unit includes sessions on:
- Course introduction
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Using powerful questions
- Session structures
- Understanding coaching
- Foundations for coaching
- Exploring the GROW model
- Practice and Ethics
- Summarising peer coaching, opportunities for practice and development
On successful completion of the unit you will be ready to start applying the principles to undertaking some simple life coaching with your peers and others who require a basic level of coaching. This course is therefore aimed at those with a general interest in life coaching along with those who would like to start their journey into life coaching others. After completing the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and thresholds for peer coaching.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills and understanding in practice.
- Appreciate the subtle differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring.
- Critically apply the concepts to your own peer coaching practice.
There are no specific requirements to undertake this course other than a willingness to engage in all the learning materials. The materials included are:
- Pre-recorded session content
- Unit handbook
- Module manuals
- Links to additional resources (including YouTube videos, articles, websites, suggested books etc)
- Session quizzes
- End of unit assessment
- Live one-to-one tutorial